Marketing Manager (Campus Success & Student Enrollment) at Head Office Campus
About this role
With over 30 years of success, Spirit of Math is an innovative leader in after-school mathematics education for high-performing students. Located at more than 40 campuses across Canada and Pakistan. From our after-school classes and campuses to our expanding series of math workbooks and training for educators, Spirit of Math is changing the equation for inquisitive minds around the world.
In this Role The Marketing Manager is accountable for the planning and execution of the overall marketing strategy for Spirit of Math Schools to meet company objectives such as: increasing student registrations, media sales and awareness of the Spirit of Math brand.
Personal Qualities This person will be able to balance multiple processes and projects. This person is naturally proactive and goal-oriented. This individual will be an independent, strategic thinker. This person values accuracy, consistency and efficiency. This person will naturally focus on being careful and precise in dealing with data and information. This individual will have a probing, factual style of communication.
Decision-Making Ability The person in this role should be able contribute to the creation SoM National, Regional and Local Marketing plans that could take 1 – 2 years to execute.
Skilled Knowledge & Experience The role requires a person who is able to create and execute a region-wide strategy. Ideally, this person has marketing experience within North America. This individual should have experience conducting marketing campaigns in a number of media including television, radio, print and online advertising. The individual will have the ability oversee multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on tasks to completion.
The individual will be highly computer literate and be familiar with Adobe software, online marketing, and social media. They should be proficient in data collection and analysis in relation to marketing campaigns. This individual should also have experience incorporating social media into marketing strategy.
This individual will be skilled at conveying ideas as concisely as possible in multiple media such as visual imagery, written text, webpage content, etc. They will have a creative orientation that enables them to generate novel ideas to capture audience attention.
Minimum 3-5 Years experience in a Marketing Manager role with additional training in various Marketing Elements such as. (CRM, Social Media, Marketing Analytics, Campaign Management, Pragmatic Marketing). Franchise marketing experience would be an asset.
Work Values: Specify types of work that needs to be valued:
- Values the relationship between Marketing & Business Development
- Objective & Goals Oriented to a level that influences others.
- Believes in informed decisions/recommendations and acting on them.
Accountabilities The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and will be responsible for providing leadership and support to Campus Directors and Campus Advisors & Principals for local campus promotion.
Authorities The Marketing Manager has the following authorities:
- Lead, motivate, and develop staff for North America within the Marketing Department.
- Develop relationships with external organizations (e.g., advertising and public relations agencies; market research firms; etc.) as necessary or as directed by the Director of Marketing to assist with the development and implementation of Spirit of Math’s North American marketing efforts.
- Advising Corporate Campus Principals and Franchise Campus Advisors on marketing strategy and tactics for campuses
- Advising the Education Systems department on marketing training content if required
- Coordinate and oversee the appropriate input of North American franchisees into the overall marketing process.
- Coordinate administrative staff to implement approved marketing activities
Spirit of Math is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. This position is open to all qualified applicants, including men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and other groups protected by human rights laws. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
For all applications, please submit your cover letter and resume to our Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy, Clinton Agius (email@example.com)
The Marketing Manager is responsible for:
- Implement corporate strategies as communicated by the Director of Marketing for building Spirit of Math’s brand image within its industry, soliciting appropriate input from Company management and franchisees.
- Implement appropriate strategies for generating effective public relations exposure on behalf of Spirit of Math and Spirit of Math Development.
- Implementing, overseeing and analyzing the success of regional marketing strategy and all associated activities
- Develop and submit, as requested, detailed regional budgets for the Marketing Department.
- Ensuring brand standards are maintained in all marketing activity.
- Developing and designing new marketing materials as needed.
- Promoting annual campaigns in Canada and the USA.
- Creating procedures and materials for Campus Directors/Owners to promote annual campaigns at the local level.
- Managing all seasonal marketing campaigns such as the free trial class campaign at the start of the school year
- Ensuring all Spirit of Math (North America) profiles on social media websites/platforms are up to date by maintaining regular communication with the Social Media Specialist managing these profiles
- Maintaining relationships with marketing-related vendors and suppliers
- Participate in annual conventions, seminars, or business meetings, and attend franchise grand openings, as directed.
- Developing and designing all marketing material for Spirit of Math Pakistan until a dedicated team for that region is on board.
- Help support the regional Releasing the Genius Communications and Productions manager as needed.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with focus in Marketing. MBA would be considered an asset.