Grade 1 & 2 Math Teacher (Full-time) at Brampton Campus
About this role
With over 30 years of success, Spirit of Math is an innovative leader in after-school mathematics education for high-performing students, located at more than 40 campuses across Canada. From our after-school classes and campuses to our expanding series of math workbooks and training for educators, Spirit of Math is changing the equation for inquisitive minds around the world.
Due to increasing enrollment, we are looking for new teachers to join our team! This is not a tutoring position, but instead a teaching position for classes of highly motivated and exceptional students. Teachers selected to teach with Spirit of Math are provided with paid training before they begin, as well as ongoing professional development each year that they continue to teach with Spirit of Math.
The ideal candidate is patient, gregarious and highly dependable. You excel at connecting with children by providing a balance of kindness and firmness. You understand the importance of providing children with a structured environment that will facilitate their learning. You are skilled at making others feel valued and included. You are a team worker who has an innate desire to help others develop. In addition to possessing the above traits, you have an eagerness to learn the Spirit of Math method of teaching mathematics. You will be challenged to help students discover the conceptual building blocks and relationships which undergird mathematics. The training you will receive as a Spirit of Math teacher will deepen your understanding of math and stretch your abilities as a teacher.
The Teacher fosters a high trust learning environment, develops the values and math skills of students and builds strong relationships with parents. The Teacher will be responsible for the following:
- Effectively managing the classroom to maintain a safe, orderly learning environment
- Adhering to the Spirit of Math teaching methodology and administrative system
- Delivering lessons to students
- Grading students assignments, tests and exams
- Building and maintaining relationships with parents
- Addressing issues with students’ performance and behavior
- Drafting report cards three times per year
- Managing assistant teachers as needed
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate records of grades and attendance
- Performing peer evaluations periodically
- Attending professional development sessions several times per year
To apply, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Name_Title of Position” as subject.
A degree from a recognized college or university is required. A Bachelor of Education is an asset.