Campus Principal at Vancouver Campus
About this role
Why Work for Us?
Spirit of Math® is an innovative leader in mathematics education, offering a system of after-school math classes for high-performing and gifted students. With more than 30 years of success and over 9,000 students filling 40 campuses across Canada, Spirit of Math is changing the equation for math minds around the world, with after-school classes, camps, training for educators, and an expanding series of math workbooks.
Spirit of Math provides paid training for new hires for a mathematics course and Teacher’s training. For the Campus Principal Role. Spirit of Math also offers additional paid business operations training.
This is currently a full-time position of 1.00 FTE (app. 40 hours per week) with total salary up to $61,200 per year.
Campus Principal Job Description
The Campus Principal is the pro-active leader who maintains administration and education standards to ensure success of a campus.
An energetic, positive, pro-active person who likes to engage and mentor people. This confident person is highly competitive and enjoys mental challenges involving solving problems and working on large diverse projects. They are a self-starter driven to make the best ideas a reality and appreciate a venturesome work environment. The ideal candidate is able to work well independently and with others.
The Campus Principal should have the capacity to achieve objectives that would take up to 2 years to execute.
This individual should value:
- Mentoring People & Building Relationships
- Influence Through Language & Ideas
- World Class Standards
- Professional Development
- Independence and Initiative
- Challenging, Diverse, and Evolving Environment
- Making an Impact in the World
- Developing Strong Teams and Communities
- Competitive Environment
- Leading by Example
Skilled Knowledge & Experience
This individual should have:
- Leadership experience and a background in an education setting.
- Proven management experience or relevant role for 2 or more years, preferably in the educational sector
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and tasks
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Solid verbal and written skills
- Mentoring and relationship building
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge on MS Office
Spirit of Math is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. This position is open to all qualified applicants, including men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and other groups protected by human rights laws. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
Please note, our school has a mandatory COVID-19 policy in place. As such, applicants that receive a conditional offer of employment from Spirit of Math Schools Inc. will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a Health Canada approved vaccine. Spirit of Math Schools Inc. will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or protected grounds under applicable Human Rights legislation.
The Campus Principal has the following responsibilities:
- Comply and maintain SoM brand and teaching standards
- Comply to SoM policies and procedures
- Plan and conduct summer camps
- Plan and conduct yearly campus events
- Create an encouraging and engaging learning environment
- Communicate with teachers, parents, and students on a continual basis
- Address any issues identified by parents and teachers in a professional and timely manner
- Network with the community surrounding the campus
- Maintain and provide all necessary campus and classroom resources and inventory for staff
- Attend all annual Training Conferences, Regional Workshops and any mandatory SoM events
- Partake in Grade Specific Training/Meetings and Professional Developments sessions to increase knowledge in the SoM curriculum
- Monitor the health and safety of personnel at campus
- Maintain campus facilities to the brand standard compliance
- Conduct Assistant Teacher training and assisting Teacher Training
- Opening and closing campuses
- Conduct professional developments for teachers and assistant teachers
- Provide support to teachers conducting PD sessions or presentations at conferences
- Conduct parent sessions and support teachers who conduct a parent session
- Mentor teachers, administrators and assistant teachers
- Substitute teach if necessary
- Monitor and report student performance
- Ensure personal professional development is continued year after year
- Manage the campus budget
- Provide complete financial reporting on a campus level such as visa expense report, reimbursement report, and etc.
- Carry out and report weekly deposit
- Liaise with the campus landlord for lease agreement, renewal, and to address any issues that arise in regards to the rental location
- Liaise with nearby schools or communities to promote SoM
- Purchase necessary schools/facility supplies and furniture in a timely manner
- Ensure all student files (registration and payment information) are kept up to date and in a secure location
- Register new students per SoM procedure
For all applications, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A degree from a recognized college or university is required. A Bachelor of Education is an asset, but not necessary.