Campus Administrative Assistant at Vancouver Campus
About this role
This is a fixed-term, full-time position to cover for a mat leave until December 2022 with total salary up to $40,800.00 per year. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the smooth functioning of the Spirit of Math campus office. They provide information, liaise with and generally support Spirit of Math staff, parents, and students.
As this is often the first person who clients talk to and the first person clients see when they visit a large campus, this person must have excellent interpersonal skills. Their time management, relationship management, social skills and organizational skills are superb. They excel and enjoy building trust by effectively supporting others. They are detail-oriented in performing administrative work and other assigned tasks. They are “go-getters” and precise with their work.
Skilled Knowledge & Experience
This position entails people who have had experience in the office environment or school environment where working with people and organizing were key elements to their job.
This individual will be skilled at juggling multiple priorities. They will have the ability to provide an exceptionally high level of customer service to Campus Principals, Teachers, parents, students and other individuals who contact or visit the head office.
Spirit of Math is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. This position is open to all qualified applicants, including men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and other groups protected by human rights laws. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
Please note, our school has a mandatory COVID-19 policy in place. As such, applicants that receive a conditional offer of employment from Spirit of Math Schools Inc. will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a Health Canada approved vaccine. Spirit of Math Schools Inc. will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical or protected grounds under applicable Human Rights legislation.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Campus Principal and is accountable for all the following:
Communication and Marketing
- Answer client inquiries, in person or via phone and/or emails
- Assist with ensuring excellent customer service to ensure client satisfaction.
- Assist the Campus Principal with students seeking tutors and potential tutors and tracking the information;
- Actively build relationships with parents
- Assist in marketing events internal and external events for the Spirit of Math community
- All administrative assistants supporting temporary locations are to support the Campus Campus at a campus location at least once a week
- Assist with printing all in house marketing material
- Assist with grand openings
- Provide high quality office and clerical support to Campus Principal;
- Communication and clerical support for teachers as needed;
- Communication with other administrative assistant staff in other campuses and Head Quarters as needed;
- Organize and file all student and campus information.
- Assist with organizing student handouts.
- Provide clerical support during non-campus workdays
Campus Facilities and Office Maintenance (Permanent Location and Temporary Locations)
- Ensure brand standard compliance for office maintenance
- Assist with ensuring that all the furniture and supplies are ready for classes 3 weeks before classes start
- Assist with end of year clean up with brand standard compliance.
- Create processes and systems to ensure the cleanliness and order of the campus facility
- Maintain the facility in a clean, orderly state.
Systems and Regular Cycles
- Informe Campus Principal(s) of the details of all orders for supplies to ensure accurate bookkeeping;
- Draft and update policies and procedures for the office administration of the campus as necessary
- Assist in the printing and organizing of report cards and end of year certificates.
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory journals during the school year and assisting with the end of year inventory
Student Registrations and Data Base
- Maintain an up-to-date Spirit of Math CRM
- Manage the consolidated registration list for all math contests and the associated deposits
- Assist with the administration of special campus events
- Process student withdrawals
- Maintain the database of student information during the school year
- Assist with weekly and large deposits as requested by the Campus Principal and the finance department
- Ensure deposits are reviewed by Campus Principal, before they make the deposit, as part of proper cash management practices
- Maintain petty cash and all appropriate documentation for the Campus Principal
- Organize and secure any payments for Spirit of Math.
A degree or diploma from a recognized college or university.