The one-hour and 15-minute classes are fast-paced with many different activities for the kindergarten child. Students develop their 2-D and 3-D spatial sense with activities at the beginning of each class, followed by developing an understanding of how numbers work together in patterns. A hands-on practical approach to numeracy and geometry, combined with some memory work, provides for the foundation to problem solving. The problem solving is focused on language and reasoning to form the foundation to the logical thinking needed for later grades.
- Regrouping: Making groups of tens (up to 10 and 20)
- Skip Counting
- Addition (1×1)
- Regrouping: Making groups of 10 (adding to 8 one- and two- digit numbers)
- Strings: Adding and subtracting strings of numbers using various strategies
- Multiplication by 2, 5, and 10
- Cartesian Geometry
- An introduction to various word problems that develop logical thinking, spatial sense, and the language of mathematics. Topics include “lineups” (ordering objects/people), money, math riddles, tangrams, and 3D puzzles.
Grades are available online and parents receive three report cards each year. Our students will demonstrate their understanding through:
- Assignment of the Year (15 equations)
- Mini Wizards Problem Set
- Change it Up